Minced meat is used in many dishes. We make casseroles (including Italian lasagne), add spaghetti and prepare chops from it. One of the basic dishes of minced meat are, of course, meatballs. How to prepare them?
Meatballs in dill sauce – a recipe
- 60 dkg chicken breasts
- 30 dkg pork neck
- 10 dkg of chicken liver
- 2-3 eggs
- bread crumbs
- 3 cups of broth
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4-5 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large bunch of chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- pinch of salt
Preparation step by step
- Soak milk and squeeze it. We grind the meat together with pressed kaiser rolls. We stick eggs into it, throw in chopped parsley, pour in breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. If the meat is too thin, you can add some flour to it.
- We form small meatballs, coat them in flour and fry in hot fat on both sides. After frying, put it on paper towels to drain the fat. When all the meatballs are fried, put them in the cooking broth. We cook them 15 minutes. After this time, we take them out of the pot and keep in a warm place.
- To prepare the sauce, pour flour, salt into a cup and pour it with a small amount of water and grind it so that a smooth mush is formed. Pour into a cup of warm meatballs on the meatballs, mix and pour back into the broth. We put in chopped dill and cook for a while.
- Meatballs can be served with rice or potatoes, topped with dill sauce.
Meatballs in tomato sauce
- 500 g minced meat (turkey, veal or pork e.g. from ham)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika powder
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs or cooked millet
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
- 125 ml chicken broth or broth
- oil, butter
- 350 ml tomato puree, passata from the bottle or carton
- In a pan on a tablespoon of olive, fry diced onion, add grated 1 clove of garlic and 1 tablespoon of butter, dried oregano and paprika powder at the end, mix and fry together. Remove from the pan and grind together with meat or finely chop on a wooden board.
- Place the ground meat with fried onion in a bowl. Add breadcrumbs or cooked porridge, egg, soy sauce, season with salt and pepper and knead thoroughly. Use small hands to form small meatballs.
- Heat the oiled pan and put the meatballs on. When browning from the bottom turn over and repeat frying. At the end, add the grated second clove of garlic to the pan and lightly brown it.
- Pour the hot broth into the pan with meatballs, cover with the lid and cook for about 5-7 minutes, meanwhile shake the pan to mix the meatballs.
- Add tomato puree and bring to a boil. Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes (if using turkey) or about 15 minutes (for other meat). In the meantime, stir 1 – 2 times.
- Try the sauce and season with salt, pepper, sugar and dried oregano if necessary. Serve with macaroni and grated cheese.